Did you know that the words that you use everyday can directly affect your success? Ivana Taylor, ranked #21 of the most influential people on the Internet by Fast Company magazine, states that our language helps to shape our world. As an experiment, Taylor noted the various phrases that she had said and they included:
- “I’d love to hire a writer, but I just can’t afford it.”
- “I want to increase my sales.”
- “I should call John today.”
- “I hope they sign the contract.”
- “I’ll try to schedule that meeting.”
Taylor argues that all of the phrases above are passive and self-defeating, because they are all potential actions that go undone and have no positive impact on your success.